Friday, February 13, 2009

New look for a new life

I love getting my hair done. Whether it is new color, freshened-up highlights, a major cut, or just a trim, it just seems to make you feel better. Unless it is a disastrous cut, but that is another story.

For years, I have been restricted when it came to hair choices. I had to be fairly conservative and steer clear of drastic changes. But not any more. For the last several months, I have been growing my hair out, picturing these luscious flowing locks. I was ending up with stringy hair just past my shoulders. So I decided it was time for a change. This week, I went it to get several inches lopped off, bangs added, and my color darkened. The result is at left. It felt strange washing it this morning and coming to the abrupt end of my hair, but I really love it. It feels like an outward expression of a new beginning.

----------------------------------

It has been a hectic several weeks. To sum up, we went to Texas for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. On their ranch, Q rode ATV's and a motorcycle with my dad. I flew back and forth again with two children, but this time my sister and her four sons joined us. We got a lot of looks with our crazy brood.

T finished the 2,300 mile drive cross-country with two cats and a dachshund. He endured constant meowing and stressful potty breaks. They arrived in Wisconsin Wednesday afternoon. The dog has already peed and pooped on the floor more than once, and my mom has taken to spraying one of the cats with water every time the cat jumps on the counter. Tomorrow T is unfortunately headed back to Oregon for a week. We enjoyed a day together today getting lunch at a vegetarian restaurant and going to a movie. He has to go back and forth for six weeks as he works to finish his MBA.

I can't wait till all adults, children, and beasts are permanently reunited.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. You know I had to comment on the hair post. Love the luscious locks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Probably a lot less maintenance too ;-)

    ReplyDelete