Saturday, February 24, 2007

Winter Wallop

Oregon means rain. Unless you live in the mountains, snow is not a common sight. So, this week when four inches fell, it was chaos. We did a very rare thing and actually did the entire 5:00 newscast outside. We adlibbed most of it and interviewed guests and debriefed reporters. It surprisingly went off without a hitch. We figured it would either go wonderfully or crash and burn. Thankfully, the former happened. Our bosses were thrilled, and everyone seemed energized and proud. It is so easy to get into the monotony of the days, and it is a pleasant change to try something new. I am trying to come up with some new ideas to be excited about at work. I figure if I am going to be here awhile, I might as well try to enjoy it.

One thing I know I am going to enjoy is my Valentine's Day present tomorrow. I have three and a half hours of spa time scheduled. After yoga and a spinning training session, I will be getting a mega facial and a massage. Excellent. I can't wait to just relax. Poor T will have Q all by himself while I luxuriate. I feel bad for him. OK, I'm over it. :)

I feel very content lately. I think now that I have the decision of staying behind me, I can just relax and enjoy things. T and I are planning a number of trips, and it is fun to have them to look forward to. Next month we are going to Seattle for the first time. I am planning our anniversary in August to a lodge along the Columbia River gorge near Portland. In July, we will both be going to weddings. Mine is in Florida, his in Boston.

Q also has his nine-month pictures this weekend. He should look smashing in his yellow and blue sweater vest. T mocks sweater vests on him, but I think he looks fantastic.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. You can only get away with sweater vests, as a boy, prior to your teens, so Q may as well live it up! You need to plan a trip to SA!

    ReplyDelete