Thursday, February 15, 2007

Getting back to normal

Q got out of the hospital Monday afternoon. A few doses of steroids seemed to do the trick. T's mom is out to help us now. She is a nurse, and it is wonderful to have her here to watch him since he can't go to daycare.

Q is back to his smiley self. He is still coughing a bit, but he is eating well again and is back on his sleep schedule. It is lovely to hear his laugh again. I am so glad he has kicked the evil RSV.

I feel like I am playing catch up this week. I had loads of laundry to do, our cabinets were empty, and our house is dirty. Our tivo is packed full of shows from the week we were gone and the worst happened. Our tivo broke! My saved shows are now lost! We have to go old school this week and record things on VCR. I'm not even sure I remember how to do that!

I had two big projects this week at work, and I had to cover two other people's jobs when they called in sick. I hate when people have a slight cough and decide they must stay home in bed and sip chicken soup! So, it was pretty busy for a few days there. But, now as you can see, I have plenty of time to play on the Internet at work.

T and I didn't get to celebrate much for Valentine's Day. T brought his mom and Q up to the station, and we ate pizza and salad together. I got T this hilarious personalized novel from www.bookybyyou.com. He is the handsome hero, and I am the clever heroine. I had to fill out a form with our names and personal details. I also got him a stress-relieving candle, a giant candy apple, and two chocolate turtles. He got me some flowers and this ultra-facial and massage. It is scheduled for next Saturday. I can't wait. I am in dire need of some relaxation.

Tomorrow, I have a luncheon for the Leadership Committee of the Children's Miracle Network. It will be the first time I go. I think it is a good leadership opportunity, but it is also an important group to our family. CMN benefited Q when he was in the NICU and also when he was in the Pediatrics ward just last week. CMN raises money for hospitals that serve children across the country.

T and I are in the midst of contract negotiations to determine if we stay at the same job. It is a period of mixed feelings for us. We are not entirely unhappy in our current jobs, but there are certainly things we would change. There is always a feeling of excitement when you consider moving on and a sort of depressed feeling when you think of staying put. But, it looks more like that is what we will do. Our lives are pretty good here, but you can't help but think of what else is out there.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment