Monday, February 19, 2007

A new week...sickness-free

Q goes back to daycare today. He is hardly coughing at all and is not having his breathing treatments. It is a relief to see his back to normal. We ran into his daycare provider at the mall. She really seemed to miss him and even kissed him on the cheek when she saw him. It is touching to see someone else really care about him even though she is not related. Even though daycare takes him away from his parents and exposes him to all these bugs, I think it can't hurt to have someone else who loves him and cares about him.

Right now he is talking to himself in the mirror. 60 Minutes had a piece on autism this weekend that scared me. Now I am examining Q for all the signs. I think he is okay, but I can't help but be the paranoid mama. He is also currently destroying a stationary catalog. He's quite the destructive little one.

I had a nice yoga class this morning. One of my participants brought me five Cd's he made. He brought me one a few weeks ago, and I was initially insulted thinking he hated my music. I am always one to take things personally right away. Eventually, I realized he was just being nice. He said he has a huge music library. I told him to feel free to make me more. Yoga Cd's cost about $20 a piece!

It looks like we are signing our contracts today. That commits us to another three years. I was kind of upset about it at first, but have tried to change my thinking. T got us another week of vacation, so that makes it a little nicer. We are considering buying a new house. Another job possibility that was floating around fell through, so I feel much more at peace about signing. I don't think we are settling. It would be strange to be leaving in two weeks anyway. I can't quite imagine that! I think we are making a good decision.

Hopefully this week will be stress-free and sick-free!

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the fear of staying put/settling!! Here, I have to do something to get out of this rut -- do you recommend the rhinovirus stuff??? It seemed to cause a great deal of excitement for you guys!

    ReplyDelete