Sunday, February 4, 2007

Fuss Bucket

We have a fuss bucket on our hands this weekend. Q has been sleeping like crazy, and the small amounts of time he is awake he is constantly fussing. We are not quite sure what to make of it. He is usually a sweet, easy little guy, but this weekend he has just been having a hard time. We think he might being teething, but we have been suspecting that for months. It is sort of the fall back when we're not sure what's going on in that little head. We did give him a teething biscuit this weekend, and he went to town on it, so those tiny teeth could finally be emerging.

We stayed home to watch the Super Bowl. I was fairly unimpressed with the commercials this time around. I chose to cheer for the Bears, though I am not too passionate about either team. We dressed Q up in his tiny Packers outfit to celebrate Brett Favre's return next season. T bought a nice assortment of vegetarian snacks and some wings for himself.

I went for a six-mile run today. It was sunny and perfect out and one of those ideal running situations. I enjoyed every step. We live in a beautiful spot to run. When you get up to the top of one hill you can see a wide expanse of valley with two plateaus and a snow-capped mountain. It is so pretty. I enjoy checking out what the llamas, goats, and sheep are doing. Much of the time, my runs are purely to burn off calories, and I just wait for them to be over. I truly enjoyed the run today. You can't beat that.

I have a long week ahead. I work till midnight every day, but this week I also have something every morning. I have an 8:00 a.m. appointment four of those mornings. The other day I am emceeing Go Red for Women event. I get so nervous in those situations. The script is pretty thick. I just don't like all those little eyes on me.

I am off now to fold laundry and watch Criminal Minds. It looked pretty intriguing from the Super Bowl commercials. I am always sucked in to ads!

We'll see how the fuss bucket sleeps tonight.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the Mc'ing...you'll be great. Glad your run went well - can't beat a run that actually feels great. I have a 10k in a bird/nature preserve this weekend....will be slow, but neat (3 foot wide paths with water on each side -- may be the end of my "nemesis!").

    ReplyDelete