Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sick house

We are all sick as dogs. At night you can hear a chorus of coughs from T's lowest pitched to the baby's pathetic squeaky cough. It is horrible seeing your kids sick, and it is really hard to take care of them when you're sick. Gone are the days when you can just check out from the world when you don't feel well.

I was feeling pretty crappy toward the end of the week, but I was the last to feel the brunt of the bug. T sounded horrible on Friday and the boys were coughing and wiping their noses. T worked a half day, and we let our child care provider stay away from the sick house.

Saturday I woke up with a croak for a voice, and the boys weren't any better. I got a sub to teach my yoga class and crawled back into bed. My body just ached. Thankfully, Q was feeling sluggish himself, so we laid in the bed together for a loooooong time. Just getting a good chunk of sleep helped a lot. Hopefully, we can end our quarantine tomorrow.

-----------------------

A friend of mine recently started a book club, and I am loving it. It is a casual, laid-back group, and we have had just one meeting so far. I was fairly skeptical about our second book. It is the ubiquitous Twilight. It is meant to be a young adult book and is centered around a family of vampires. It reminded me a lot of Harry Potter, which I never really got into. But let me tell you, it was great. I can't wait to read the next one.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. I bought Twilight a few months ago, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I figure my spare time ought to be spent studying, so I have a few more weeks 'til I can crack it.

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys are feeling better. I joined a book and bottle club (wine drinking) - superfun. This time of year, though, it's hard to make it there.

    ReplyDelete