Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Already half gone

I am struggling lately to live in the moment. I know when I am leaving, so I am already starting to disengage. Even with friendships and social groups I think, 'I won't even be here in a few months, so why even bother?' Unhealthy, I know.

In work though, I am almost feeling the opposite. I am realizing this could be the last few months I am in the broadcast journalism field, and I am trying to squeeze in last minute projects. I am feeling such conflicting feelings, because I know there are things I will miss, but I just as often am excited about the prospect of staying home with my family for a few years. It is a strange situation to be in.

I need to just be fully engaged in each day and not be living in the future. What's the point of wishing my time away? My fatal flaw is impatience though, so this is going to be a big challenge for me.

----------------

Q has become addicted to Knee Bouncers. It is an online game for toddlers. If you have a little one that loves to bang on your laptop keys and smear them with peanut butter and Cheez-It crumbs, you must try it!

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment