Sunday, July 19, 2009

My bum is sore, but I think I'm in love

The title may be false advertising for this post. It is not going to be as racy as it sounds.

I went to a day-long training for Spinning yesterday at a gym in Janesville. It was great.

Now that I am focusing on fitness as my career, I decided to branch out and expand my expertise. I know people are passionate about Spinning, but I had never really gotten into it. I have taken classes and definitely gotten a workout, but I never made it a habit. After yesterday I think I am hooked.

Spinning can really send your heart rate and calorie count skyrocketing. And there is such an art to it to combine "hills" and cadence to work strength, endurance, and interval training. I found it fascinating.

That said, we did two hour-long rides for a total of 45 miles on the bikes. My tush was sore. I definitely need to invest in some of those padded bike shorts.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try spinning...but worry I'm not a biker and would hate the soreness! Maybe when I get out there to visit I can take a class of yours :)

    ReplyDelete