Sunday, July 5, 2009

Festive 4th

It was a lovely, busy weekend filled with barbecues, fireworks, and family. We took the above picture of all the cousins in a field of poppies near my parents' house.

We started the weekend with a 5K in my hometown. I ran a 24:01 and was happy with my time (but less happy the next day when I heard my sister got a 23:30). T pushed the boys in our giant running stroller. They had fun somewhat but got pretty restless, and Q was elbowing and harassing his brother.



Afterward we watched the parade. I haven't celebrated a 4th of July in my hometown in about 12 years. It was surreal watching the cheerleaders and marching band from my high school go by. They looked like such little kids!

We went back and forth between my parents' house and two barbecues seeing old friends and eating a lot. Either T or I have had to work most holidays, so it was almost strange to just do the normal things.

Today my mom made lunch and my sister and her boys came over. Q just buzzes with excitement when they are around. I am so happy for him that he will grow up with them.

It was just a nice, nice weekend. You can't ask for more than that.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment