Monday, December 22, 2008

Rude Awakening

Q maced himself this weekend. Well not exactly but pretty close.

First some background. Most mornings when I am getting ready, Q is my little shadow. He pulls his stool in the bathroom and splashes in the other sink. He puts water in his hair and washes his face. When I put mousse in my hair, he demands some as well and rubs it on his head. While I blow dry my hair with a round brush, he awkwardly handles my straightener (unplugged of course) and another brush. I'm sure some day he will be mortified by this, but it's pretty cute now.

Now back to the macing. I woke up Saturday to him crying and calling "Mama!!" In a hazy, half-awake state I stumbled into his bedroom to find him frantically rubbing his eyes, his face red and tear-streaked, and his hair white. In his hand, he clutched an empty can of spray sunblock from the bottom of an old diaper bag. I realized what happened right away and had to chuckle a little even as I stripped off his clothes and carried him down to the bath. The poor little guy's eyes were red and teary for most of the day. I swear most of being a mother is just preventing your children from killing themselves.

------------------

Our move has just taken a dramatic turn. We are still figuring out the details, but ours plans are totally different now. I am pretty excited about the change, but am hesitant to make any solid decisions until everything is confirmed.

--MM

4 comments:

  1. poor Q! i hope the little guy has recovered ... and i can't wait to hear about the new plans, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dying to know the new plans...poor Q!! I had to laugh for a second picturing the poo guy covered in sunblock ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely suspenseful -- when do we get to hear?!

    And poor Q! We had a Sunscreen Incident last summer. The tear-free thing isn't true.

    ReplyDelete