Friday, December 19, 2008

Home woes

Our house is stressing me out. It has been on the market two weeks now and this week we had two tours. This entire process is incredibly challenging with two children, two cats, and a bark-happy dog. Every time I try to pick up the mess, Q follows behind me getting out more toys. When some agents came through, I was just sitting there feeding R baby food. I'm sure that's not ideal, but what can I do? We do still live there.

We had to list our home for less than we bought it for, and our real estate agent is now suggesting we go even lower. We just can't do that, so it looks like we might have to hang on to it and rent it. It makes you wish you had been renting all along so you don't end up stuck. Then once we move, do we buy? Do we rent? How do we afford any of it? What if our renters don't pay or trash the place? It is all very stressful and overwhelming.

----------------

In happier news, I got my hair done today. Don't you just feel great after that? It looks so shiny and healthy now. My highlight roots were approaching an inch.

Also, we got back R's six-month pictures this week. They are wonderful.



--MM

3 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of fresh cut hair! Makes the worst day seem so much brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics!

    I just got my hair done on Wednesday. I went a little radical this time.. back to my roots (real roots), so I am a red head again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks a lot like you!

    Hang in there with the house. It's a rough time to sell (my mom's has been on the market for almost two years and she just had to drop the price again).

    ReplyDelete