Monday, March 1, 2010

500th post!

From humble beginnings.....to a humble present state. Ah, well. I still enjoy it so that's all that matters.

Much has changed since I started this blog in January 2007: another baby, a new home, and today, a new job. I started in my new career as a trainer along with dozens of other new recruits. I was astonished by this company's rapid hiring in turbulent economic times. It is a great company and the hiring was very competitive, so I am pretty downright proud of myself, to be honest.

I am also intimidated though. I work with very smart people, and there is much to learn, so I just hope I can keep up and meet expectations.

We began a whole new lifestyle today. I had an early morning exercise class, so I left for that at 5:20, hauling along my stuff for work. T dropped off the boys at the sitter with the diaper bag and Q's preschool bag.

I slapped a bit of makeup on my face after the class, threw a clip in my hair, and raced over to my first meeting before 8:00 a.m. After many sessions of training and mountains of paperwork, I got out early enough to pick up the boys. It was a long day without seeing their little peanut faces!

When I unloaded them back at the house, I had to haul in six bags: Q's preschool backpack, diaper bag, gym bag, work bag, toiletries bag, and purse. It was ridiculous. I need to find a way to streamline.

So, a hectic first day but a good one. It feels great to be back.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment