Monday, September 22, 2008

Ready to run

I am running a half marathon in six days, and I think I am ready. I started out training for a marathon, but the training was too time-consuming and was basically making me miserable. I have run four before, but this time around it was just two much with two little people, T's new job schedule, and my ongoing pelvic issues. So, a half marathon it is. It is still a challenge and something to work toward without being way out of my league right now.

The problem is, I have been slacking a bit in the training. I was determined this weekend to have a nice, long run, and I succeeded. I ran 10.6 miles yesterday and felt great the entire way. It was a cool, beautiful evening, and I saw seven deer. My pelvis ached all night, but I sure felt great having that run under my belt. I can certainly do 2.5 miles more this weekend in Lake Tahoe. The elevation is a different story, but I'm just not worrying about that right now.

-----------------------

I am within about three pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. I am very happy about that.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. You'll be fine. Newbie schedules for the half only go up to a 10 mile long run, and this week should be a bit of a taper anyway! I hear you on the pain - got a nice (oww) shot on Saturday, but it's starting to wear off. Dumb hips/pelvis stuff. Have a good run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll realize how much you miss the adrenalin rush once you get there. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete