Monday, January 29, 2007

Rudely interrupted

I was shocked in my yoga class this morning. I just started teaching again Monday and Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. after taking maternity time off. I have to get up at 7:00 a.m., which is quite painful most mornings, but that is another story. Anyway, we were just easing into our meditation, breathing deeply, relieving our stress and all that, when the jarring ring of a cell phone sliced through the air. I opened one eye to give the perpetrator a glare expecting her to slink over and shamefully silence it. Instead, the nervy woman answered! She proceeded to carry on a conversation on her yoga mat rudely interrupting our relaxation. To make matters worse the same annoying ring tone shattered the air again later in class. You think you'd learn! This time the woman at least had the decency to walk outside for her conversation. I must admit, I have left my cell phone on at inopportune times before, but I least have the good sense to be embarrassed when I turn it off, or pretend it's not mine as I look around annoyed. This same woman also carries on loud conversations with nearby yoga mates during class. Annoying. I must perfect my one-eyed glare to get my message across.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment