Sunday, January 28, 2007

Never enough naps

One of my favorite things is a nice juicy nap. I took many this weekend. I have only gotten about six hours of sleep a night at most this week, so I was due for some big, fat naps. I taught aerobics and yoga on Saturday and had a shoot later for work, but after that is was nap time. I impressed myself without the amount of sleeping I did. My husband had to convince me to actually wake up and nurse the baby. I often wish men could do that or wish I had another woman in the house. That would be quite convenient. I thought I might even be up late because of my extensive napping, but T and I were passed out on the couches by about 12:30.

Sunday began with big, fluffy cheese-covered bagels. Do they still count as a single bagel even when they are the size of your head? I think so. After some more napping we embarked on a 5-mile run, each pushing Q halfway. He fussed for the second half. Poor little man. It was a beautiful day for a run; sunny and mild. I must say I am so happy we are not training for a marathon right now. It was nice to not feel that pressure. I like running for the joy of it.

We had a delightful noddle dish tonight with peanut-sesame sauce and napa cabbage. It was from my Vegetarian Times magazine. I love that publication.

And so another weekend comes to an end too quickly, and another busy week begins. In five days, I will be bleary-eyed and nap-deprived once again.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. You always were the super napper. I still can't handle much more than 6 hours a night. But a good nap is never a bad thing. I hear you on the running...I'm looking forward to some fun races after this HM. And that's just the half.

    ReplyDelete