Sunday, April 11, 2010

Things I like at this moment

T and I watched a fascinating movie last night called Good Hair. It's a documentary by Chris Rock that looks into the importance of hair in black culture. The lengths black women go to get long, straight hair is just mind boggling. And the expense. I had no idea. It was really eye-opening.

-------------------------------

I have a small Gymboree addiction. My boys get a lot of their clothes from Target and Old Navy, but a good mix of Gymboree keeps them looking sharp. I bought some darling Easter outfits there a week ago and earned $50 in Gymbucks. Of course that meant I had to return this weekend to spend $100 so I could get $50 off. T didn't entirely understand how this was all a good deal, but I did save $50, and the boys are wearing darling matching Daredevil shirts today.

-------------------------------

Shopping isn't just for the kids. I am not one of those moms who only get new things for their children. I am fairly frugal, but I like a successful shopping trip. New York & Company is my latest favorite. Good sales, cute stuff.

Sometimes happiness is just a shopping trip away.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment